Last updated: 6th January 2021
Thank you for your continued cooperation with our COVID policies which means that we can keep our team safe and our doors open. We continue to be cautious to protect our staff and our clients and kindly request you respect the following policies:
- Please be familiar with up-to-date COVID information and check that you have not been to a hotspot prior to arrival.
- Our front door is open and you are welcome to enter after reading the sign and ensuring the reception desk is clear of other clients. However, for over-the-counter purchases we are encouraging clients to call, order, and pay over the phone. When you arrive at the clinic simply give us a call and we will deliver your purchase to you in your car.
- Mask are mandatory in all indoor areas of the hospital. Masks are available at reception but please BYO if you have one.
- For owners who are in the building for longer than 5 minutes (i.e. vet consultations or discharges), you will be required to complete a QR code check-in. If you don’t have a smart phone, please tell our staff and they will do it for you.
- Where possible, please wait outside instead of in the waiting rooms or reception.
- Please social distance in our reception and consult rooms. Consults will be kept to 15 minutes to reduce risk of transmission.
- For consultations we will be allowing maximum ONE client per visit to enter the consult room to take part in the consultation with our vets. Please where possible aim for only one person to bring the pet up.
- Nurses will be utilised to restrain pets instead of owners so social distancing is promoted. Please listen to our staff whilst in consult for further instructions.
- Hand sanitiser & tissues are available in both waiting rooms, consult rooms and at the reception desk for your use.
- We will continue to avoid paperwork transfers and request EFTPOS payments only.
- All touch-points around the hospital will be disinfected throughout the day.
- Clients will be unable to visit hospitalised patients unless exceptional circumstances allow.
- If you are uncomfortable with entering the building, please let us know and we will perform the consult as per previous protocols (i.e. with client staying outside) or organise a telemedicine consultation where appropriate.
- For overnight care, we often refer to Northside Emergency Veterinary Service. The NEVS team is available to see you in a contactless manner for afterhours emergencies. Alternatively, North Shore Veterinary Specialists or SASH. We will continue to communicate with all emergency centres regarding our patients.
We kindly request you inform us if you are unwell, potentially exposed to COVID-19 (including up-to-date hotspots), awaiting COVID test results or have any other concerns relating to COVID exposure prior to arrival for your appointment. Whilst our policy of one client in the consult room is strict, we understand this may not be possible in certain circumstances such as children accompanying adults or compassionate consultations so we just kindly ask you to act responsibly and follow our staff’s instructions.